National Alliance for Mentally Ill (NAMI)
Schizophrenia-Open the Doors
National Depressive and Manic Depressive Association
National Mental Health Association
Center for Mental Health Services Knowledge Exchange Network
Mental Health Net
National Institute of Mental Health
World Health Association
Loss Control Services
United Cerebral Palsey
National Association Downs Syndrome
Travel For DD Population
Macomb-Oakland Regional Center
Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Services
Training and Treatment Innovations
Employment Opportunity for DD
Summit Pointe (Battle Creek)
Washtenaw County Mental Health
The following are comments from surveys sent to case managers and professionals:
My uncle has been in Progressive Residential Service care for several years. After working closely with the manager, Lucrecia, and her staff at Romeo I can’t say enough good things about the home atmosphere and activities they provide. Having been involved in the long term care field previously I can say by comparison PRS is top notch. The staff are caring and involved with the well being of each client. My uncle thrives in his home.
- Jim Denys
PRS Locations in Michigan
- Battle Creek
- Clinton Township
- Sterling Heights
Community Placement, Recreational, Vocational & Therapeutic Services
Progressive Residential Services offers many services to adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities to provide them with experienced and professional care to meet their needs with dignity and respect while assisting them in experiencing the high quality of life that all individuals deserve.
Residential Group Homes
PRS offers specialized residential homes that are contracted through the local mental health agency to provide individuals with care that follows their Person Centered Plan (PCP). PRS staff follow the PCP's of each individual to make certain that their needs are being met with dignity and respect.
Nursing and Support Services
PRS provides individuals who have advanced medical needs with care in specialized group homes with nursing staff on duty. These medical group homes offer individuals the best care in a residential setting where staff focus on the individual medical needs as well as the goals in their PCP. These specialized group homes are contracted through the local mental health agency and are licensed through the State of Michigan.
Supported Living Services
PRS provides specialized assistance to individuals based on their individual needs as specified in their PCP. PRS staff provide personal care, distribution of medications, recreational activities opportunities and education on transportation options within the community. PRS staff also assist with transportation to and from medical appointments. Assistance is provided in the individual's home from 2-24 hours per day based on the needs specified in the individual’s PCP. These services are also available to individuals on a private pay basis.
Quality Assurance and Program Development
Progressive Residential Services continually monitors the quality of services provided to individuals through satisfaction surveys, employment and parent advisory councils, and professional staff reviews. Using these resources, PRS will continue to develop programs that increase the quality of life for individuals, expand involvement in the community and provide services that meet their needs.
Progressive Residential Services is CARF accredited, maintains Adult Foster Care (AFC) licensing and specialized certification in residential homes.
Staff receive Mandt Training, CPR and First Aid certification, Customer Rights, training based on funding sources as well as State required training.
Progressive Residential Service Brochures:
- PRS - Residential Services click to open
- Aesthetically pleasing, clean home environments
- Ongoing supervision with 24 hour on site access to staff
- Program Manager assigned to each home location
- Program Manager coordinates communication among individual, case manager, family, guardian, medical services, psychiatric services, funding sources, etc.
- Collection and distribution of reports that detail medical information, observation data, critical incidents and progress toward goals and objectives identified in the person centered plan
- Skills Training, Assistance, and Support
- Functional and recreational programming may include home and community based activities
- A face to face initial assessment can typically be coordinated at the time of the referral
- A Pre-Admission meeting is conducted to review initial case coordination objectives, and to prepare home staff to welcome new individuals
- Individuals are encouraged to provide input into their own care